Altria Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:MO)
Watch the robo advisor video of Altria stock analysis on Amigobulls. This video puts forward our latest analysis highlighting the pros and cons for MO stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Altria Group Inc Stock Rating 3.7/5
Amigobulls MO stock analysis uses latest quarter 2018 Q2 financial data like Altria revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. We also use relative valuation metrics like PE ratio and price to sales ratio for Altria valuation analysis. Our Altria stock rating is based on company's fundamentals like balance sheet risk and cash flow position.
Should you buy MO stock?
- Altria had a healthy average operating margin of 37.97 over the last 4 quarters.
- Net margins came in at average 42% for Altria over the last twelve months.
- MO stock is trading at an earnings multiple of 16.1 which is better than the sector average of 21.8.
- Altria's dividend yield of 4.47 is attractive.
- Altria has an attractive ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of 21.4
- Altria has a good Return On Equity (ROE) of 74.5.
- Altria has a healthy FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of 15.9.
Should you sell MO stock?
- Altria revenue saw a decline of -5.4% YoY in 2018-06.
- Long term revenue growth of 0.8 over the past 5 years has been disappointing.
- Cash flow from operations is low at 0.5549 times the net income.
- MO stock is trading at a PS multiple of 4.6, which is a negative when compared to the Consumer Staples sector average multiple of 1.6.
Amigobulls Altria stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. Company's fundamentals remain one of the key driver of MO stock and helps investors in making good buy and sell decision.
Among the financials of the company, Altria revenue growth along with the profit or net income give a clear picture of the financial health. One can also combine technical analysis and fundamental analysis to get a holistic picture about MO stock.