Altria Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:MO)
Watch the robo advisor video of Altria stock analysis on Amigobulls. This video puts forward our latest analysis highlighting the pros and cons for MO stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Altria Group Inc Stock Rating 3.4/5
Amigobulls MO stock analysis uses latest quarter 2018 Q1 financial data like Altria revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. We also use relative valuation metrics like PE ratio and price to sales ratio for Altria valuation analysis. Our Altria stock rating is based on company's fundamentals like balance sheet risk and cash flow position.
Should you buy MO stock?
- Altria's average operating margin of 37.6 was exceptional.
- LTM Net margins were good at 41.9% for Altria.
- The price to earnings multiple of 16 is attractive when compared with the sector average PE ratio of 21.4.
- Altria is a dividend paying stock with a high yield of 4.55.
- Altria generates a high return on invested capital of 22.5.
- Return On Equity (ROE) which is a measure of the company's profitability, looks great for Altria at 79.2.
- The company has a good Free Cash Flow (FCF) margin of 45.4.
Should you sell MO stock?
- 2018-03 revenue growth of 0.4% YoY was meagre.
- Over the last 5 years, the company registered a poor revenue growth of 0.9.
- The company is trading at a price to sales multiple of 4.3, which is overvalued in comparison to the Consumer Staples sector average multiple of 1.6.
Amigobulls Altria stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. Company's fundamentals remain one of the key driver of MO stock and helps investors in making good buy and sell decision.
Among the financials of the company, Altria revenue growth along with the profit or net income give a clear picture of the financial health. One can also combine technical analysis and fundamental analysis to get a holistic picture about MO stock.