Monsanto Stock Analysis (NYSE:MON)
Monsanto Analysis Video
View Monsanto stock analysis video. This is our MON analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for MON stock.
Monsanto Company Stock Rating (3.5/5)
Our Monsanto stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This Monsanto stock analysis is based on latest Q2 earnings for 2017. The stock price analysis takes into account a company's valuation metrics.
Should you buy MON stock?
- Monsanto's revenue growth came in at 12% in 2017 Q2.
- The company saw a significant growth in revenue with a 5 year CAGR of 2.1%.
- Monsanto's average operating margin of 21.4% was exceptional.
- LTM Net margins were good at 13.3% for Monsanto.
- Monsanto generates a high return on invested capital of 15%.
- Return On Equity (ROE) which is a measure of the company's profitability, looks great for Monsanto at 40.4%.
Should you sell MON stock?
- Monsanto is debt laden and has a high debt/equity ratio of 1.65.
- Cash flow from operations is low at 0.1 times the net income.
- The company is trading at a price to sales multiple of 3.5, which is higher in comparison to the Agriculture Products industry average of 1.3, making MON stock expensive.
- The company has a negative free cash flow margin of -3%.