Monsanto Stock Analysis (NYSE:MON)
Monsanto Analysis Video
View Monsanto stock analysis video. This is our MON analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for MON stock.
Monsanto Company Stock Rating (3.2/5)
Our Monsanto stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This Monsanto stock analysis is based on latest Q3 earnings for 2017. The stock price analysis takes into account a company's valuation metrics.
Should you buy MON stock?
- The company saw a significant growth in revenue with a 5 year CAGR of 1.2%.
- The TTM operating margin was good at 20.7% for Monsanto.
- LTM Net margins were good at 14.1% for Monsanto.
- Monsanto's return on invested capital of 15.7% is good.
- The LTM ROE of 39.1% for Monsanto is attractive.
Should you sell MON stock?
- Monsanto has a debt/equity ratio of 1.51, which is worse than the average in the Basic Materials sector.
- The company is trading at a price to sales multiple of 3.6, which is overvalued in comparison to the Agriculture Products industry average multiple of 1.4.
- Monsanto has a negative FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of -27.2%.