Mettler-Toledo Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:MTD)
Mettler-Toledo Stock Analysis
View Mettler-Toledo stock analysis video. This is our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for MTD stock.
Mettler-Toledo International Inc. Stock Rating 3.2/5
Our Mettler-Toledo stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This Mettler-Toledo stock analysis is based on latest 2017 Q2 earnings. The stock price analysis takes into account the company's valuation metrics.
Should you buy MTD stock?
- Mettler-Toledo had a healthy average operating margin of 22.6% over the last 4 quarters.
- Net margins came in at average 16.6% for Mettler-Toledo over the last twelve months.
- Mettler-Toledo's return on invested capital of 32.7% is good.
- Mettler-Toledo has a good Return On Equity (ROE) of 93%.
- Mettler-Toledo has a healthy FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of 16.9%.
Should you sell MTD stock?
- Mettler-Toledo is debt laden and has a high debt/equity ratio of 2.1.
- Trading at a PE ratio of 38.4, MTD stock is overvalued in comparison to industry average multiple of 26.
- MTD stock is trading at a PS multiple of 6.2, which is a negative when compared to the Instruments-Scientific industry average multiple of 2.7.