Micron Stock Analysis, Valuation (NASDAQ:MU)
Micron Stock Analysis
Take a look at Amigobulls Micron stock analysis video. Our MU analysis video highlights revenue and profit trends along with other important metrics such as valuation to find what makes the stock attractive.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Micron Technology, Inc. Stock Rating 4.7/5
Amigobulls MU stock analysis takes into account various financial ratios like relative valuation, Micron revenue, growth and return on equity based on latest quarter 2018 Q2 financial statements. We also check Micron dividend performance. Micron valuation analysis is based on relative valuation multiples like PE ratio and price to sales ratio. Based on a company's historical fundamentals we arrive at Micron stock rating which is indicative of the company's financial performance.
Should you buy MU stock?
- The Year Over Year (YoY) revenue growth for Micron was 58.2% in 2018 Q2.
- Revenue growth has been tremendous with a compounded annual growth of 26.3% over the last 5 years.
- The TTM operating margin was good at 43% for Micron.
- Net margins stood at a healthy 38.7% (average) for Micron in the Trailing Twelve Months.
- MU stock is trading at an earnings multiple of 5.5 which is better than the industry average of 24.9.
- MU stock is trading at a favorable price to sales multiple of 2.1 as against the Semiconductors-Memory industry average multiple of 2.8.
- Micron generates a high return on invested capital of 41.4%.
- Return On Equity (ROE) which is a measure of the company's profitability, looks great for Micron at 49.2%.
- The company has a healthy free cash flow margin of 26.3%.
Investors can make use of the Amigobulls Micron stock analysis to ascertain how MU stock fares in fundamental analysis investment criteria. The fundamentals of a company are vital to identify long-term investment opportunities.
Micron revenue growth is an indicator of the demand for a company's products while profit margin is indicative of company's pricing power and pricing strategy. Along with fundamentals, investors can utilize technical analysis to get a better idea about the price trend of Micron stock.