Murphy Oil Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:MUR)
Take a look at Amigobulls Murphy Oil stock analysis video. Our MUR analysis video highlights revenue and profit trends along with other important metrics such as valuation to find what makes the stock attractive.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Murphy Oil Corporation Stock Rating 2.2/5
We at Amigobulls use various financial measures including profit margins, revenue growth and dividends for MUR stock analysis. We also use relative valuation metrics like PE ratio and price to sales ratio for Murphy Oil valuation analysis. Murphy Oil stock rating encapsulates our opinion about the company based on the fundamentals.
Should you buy MUR stock?
- The TTM operating margin was good at 14.11 for Murphy Oil.
Should you sell MUR stock?
- Revenue declined at a CAGR of -39.8 over the last 5 years.
- Over the last 12 months, Murphy Oil had an average Net loss of -6.2%.
- The MUR stock currently trades at a PE of 46.7, which is expensive, compared to the sector average of 20.4.
- A negative ROE of -2.9 indicates that the company is not able to generate profits with the money shareholders have invested.
Murphy Oil Related Company Stock Videos
Investors can make use of the Amigobulls Murphy Oil stock analysis to ascertain how MUR stock fares in fundamental analysis investment criteria. Fundamentals of a company give detailed information which helps in making invesment decisions.
While doing a study of the company financials, Murphy Oil revenue growth and profit or net income are two main metrics which help in identifying whether MUR stock is overvalued or undervalued. Investors could make use of MUR technical analysis to check whether the fundamental story is reflected in the market sentiment.