McEwen Mining Stock Analysis (NYSE:MUX)
McEwen Mining Analysis Video
View McEwen Mining stock analysis video. This is our MUX analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for MUX stock.
McEwen Mining Inc Stock Rating (1.5/5)
Our McEwen Mining stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This McEwen Mining stock analysis is based on latest Q1 earnings for 2017. The stock price analysis takes into account a company's valuation metrics.
Should you buy MUX stock?
- Long term revenue growth has been strong with a 5 year compounded annual growth of 114.5%.
Should you sell MUX stock?
- McEwen Mining sales shrank by -30% year-over-year in 2017 Q1.
- McEwen Mining reported an average operating margin of -52.4% over the Last Twelve Months (LTM).
- McEwen Mining's LTM Net margins were poor at 9.3%.
- The MUX stock currently trades at a PE of 252, which is expensive, compared to the industry average of 22.5.
- The company is trading at a price to sales multiple of 14, which is higher in comparison to the Mining-Misc industry average of 1.3, making MUX stock expensive.
- McEwen Mining's negative ROIC of -4.5% indicates operational inefficiency.
- The TTM ROE (Return On Equity) for McEwen Mining is not so attractive at 1.1%.
- McEwen Mining has a negative FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of -48.3%.