New Media Investment Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:NEWM)
Investors can watch the Amigobulls New Media Investment stock analysis video here. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for NEWM stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
New Media Investment Group Inc Stock Rating 2.4/5
Amigobulls NEWM stock analysis relies on business fundamentals such as New Media Investment revenue growth, profits and return on equity measures from the latest quarter 2018 Q1 earnings. We compare New Media Investment valuation with its sector peers to gauge relative attractiveness of NEWM stock. New Media Investment stock rating encapsulates our opinion about the company based on the fundamentals.
Should you buy NEWM stock?
- When compared with the Consumer Staples sector average PS ratio of 1.6, the price-to-sales ratio of 0.7 for NEWM stock is attractive.
- The company has a healthy dividend yield of 7.7.
- The company has a healthy free cash flow margin of 7.6.
Should you sell NEWM stock?
- New Media Investment's TTM operating margin of 3.24 was rather poor.
- New Media Investment posted a TTM Net margin of 0.2%.
- The NEWM stock currently trades at a PE of 42.5, which is expensive, compared to the sector average of 21.5.
- New Media Investment has a poor return on invested capital of 1.1.
- The TTM ROE (Return On Equity) for New Media Investment is not so attractive at 0.3.
Amigobulls New Media Investment stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. Fundamental analysis of a company is the most often used approach to find the intrinsic value of a stock.
New Media Investment revenue growth is an indicator of the demand for a company's products while profit margin is indicative of company's pricing power and pricing strategy. Along with fundamentals, investors can utilize technical analysis to get a better idea about the price trend of New Media Investment stock.