New Media Investment Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:NEWM)
NEWM Stock Analysis
Investors can watch the Amigobulls New Media Investment stock analysis video here. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for NEWM stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
New Media Investment Group Inc Stock Rating 2.3/5
Amigobulls NEWM stock analysis relies on business fundamentals such as New Media Investment revenue growth, profits and return on equity measures from the latest quarter 2017 Q4 earnings. We compare New Media Investment valuation with its sector peers to gauge relative attractiveness of NEWM stock. New Media Investment stock rating encapsulates our opinion about the company based on the fundamentals.
Should you buy NEWM stock?
- NEWM stock is trading at a favorable price to sales multiple of 0.7 as against the Publishing-Newspapers industry average multiple of 1.6.
- New Media Investment's dividend yield of 8.38% is attractive.
Should you sell NEWM stock?
- New Media Investment had a poor average operating margin of 2.6% over the last 4 quarters.
- New Media Investment registered an average TTM Net loss of -0.1%.
- Trading at a PE ratio of 30.8, NEWM stock is overvalued in comparison to industry average multiple of 22.1.
- New Media Investment has a low ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of 2.4%.
- A negative ROE of -0.1% indicates that the company is not able to generate profits with the money shareholders have invested.
Amigobulls New Media Investment stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. Fundamental analysis of a company is the most often used approach to find the intrinsic value of a stock.
New Media Investment revenue growth is an indicator of the demand for a company's products while profit margin is indicative of company's pricing power and pricing strategy. Along with fundamentals, investors can utilize technical analysis to get a better idea about the price trend of New Media Investment stock.