Newfield Exploration Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:NFX)
Take a look at Amigobulls Newfield Exploration stock analysis video. This is our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for NFX stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Newfield Exploration Co. Stock Rating 3.5/5
Amigobulls NFX stock analysis takes into account various financial ratios like relative valuation, Newfield Exploration revenue, growth and return on equity based on latest quarter 2018 Q2 financial statements. We also check Newfield Exploration dividend performance. Newfield Exploration valuation analysis is based on relative valuation multiples like PE ratio and price to sales ratio. Based on a company's historical fundamentals we arrive at Newfield Exploration stock rating which is indicative of the company's financial performance.
Should you buy NFX stock?
- Newfield Exploration's average operating margin of 32.44 was exceptional.
- LTM Net margins were good at 19% for Newfield Exploration.
- The operating cash flow looks good at 3.0233 times the net income.
- The price to earnings multiple of 9 is attractive when compared with the sector average PE ratio of 20.8.
- Newfield Exploration generates a high return on invested capital of 11.4.
- Return On Equity (ROE) which is a measure of the company's profitability, looks great for Newfield Exploration at 28.1.
Should you sell NFX stock?
- The company saw an average annual sales decline of -5.3 in sales over the last 5 years.
- Newfield Exploration has a debt/equity ratio of 1.62, which is worse than the average in the Oils-Energy sector.
- The company has negative Free Cash Flows (FCF), with a negative FCF margin of -20.
Newfield Exploration Related Company Stock Videos
Amigobulls Newfield Exploration stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. Fundamentals of a company give detailed information which helps in making invesment decisions.
Newfield Exploration revenue growth and profit or net income are the main underlying forces which could detremine the direction of the share price. Along with fundamentals, investors can utilize technical analysis to get a better idea about the price trend of Newfield Exploration stock.