National Oilwell Varco Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:NOV)
NOV Stock Analysis
Investors can watch the Amigobulls National Oilwell Varco stock analysis video here. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for NOV stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
National-Oilwell Varco, Inc. Stock Rating 2.1/5
Amigobulls NOV stock analysis uses latest quarter 2017 Q4 financial data like National Oilwell Varco revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. National Oilwell Varco valuation analysis is based on relative valuation multiples like PE ratio and price to sales ratio. Based on a company's historical fundamentals we arrive at National Oilwell Varco stock rating which is indicative of the company's financial performance.
Should you buy NOV stock?
- With its debt/equity ratio of 0.19, National Oilwell Varco has a lower debt burden when compared to the Oils-Energy average.
- The company has a good Free Cash Flow (FCF) margin of 13%.
Should you sell NOV stock?
- Revenue declined at a CAGR of -18.3% over the last 5 years.
- National Oilwell Varco registered a negative operating margin of -3.8% (average) over the Trailing Twelve Months (TTM).
- National Oilwell Varco posted an average Net loss of -3.2% in the last twelve months.
- The lack of profits renders the PE ratio useless for NOV stock.
- The company has a negative Return on Invested Capital of -1%, which is a red flag.
- A negative ROE of -1.7% indicates that the company is not able to generate profits with the money shareholders have invested.
Investors can make use of the Amigobulls National Oilwell Varco stock analysis to ascertain how NOV stock fares in fundamental analysis investment criteria. Fundamentals of a company give detailed information which helps in making invesment decisions.
National Oilwell Varco revenue growth and profit or net income are the main underlying forces which could detremine the direction of the share price. Investors could make use of NOV technical analysis to check whether the fundamental story is reflected in the market sentiment.