National Oilwell Varco Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:NOV)
Investors can watch the Amigobulls National Oilwell Varco stock analysis video here. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for NOV stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
National-Oilwell Varco, Inc. Stock Rating 1.9/5
Amigobulls NOV stock analysis uses latest quarter 2018 Q2 financial data like National Oilwell Varco revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. National Oilwell Varco valuation analysis is based on relative valuation multiples like PE ratio and price to sales ratio. Based on a company's historical fundamentals we arrive at National Oilwell Varco stock rating which is indicative of the company's financial performance.
Should you buy NOV stock?
- National Oilwell Varco has a lower debt burden than its peers in the Oils-Energy sector, with a debt/equity ratio of 0.19.
Should you sell NOV stock?
- Sales declined by -18.9 annually over the last 5 years.
- National Oilwell Varco reported an average operating margin of -0.87 over the Last Twelve Months (LTM).
- National Oilwell Varco posted an average Net loss of -1.1% in the last twelve months.
- The company does not have profits. Hence the PE ratio is meaningless for NOV stock.
- National Oilwell Varco has a negative ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of -0.2.
- National Oilwell Varco has a negative ROE (Return On Equity) of -0.6, indicating the company is not profitable.
Investors can make use of the Amigobulls National Oilwell Varco stock analysis to ascertain how NOV stock fares in fundamental analysis investment criteria. Fundamentals of a company give detailed information which helps in making invesment decisions.
National Oilwell Varco revenue growth and profit or net income are the main underlying forces which could detremine the direction of the share price. Investors could make use of NOV technical analysis to check whether the fundamental story is reflected in the market sentiment.