Norfolk Southern Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:NSC)
View the Norfolk Southern stock analysis video on Amigobulls. Our NSC analysis video highlights revenue and profit trends along with other important metrics such as valuation to find what makes the stock attractive.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Norfolk Southern Corp. Stock Rating 3.7/5
Amigobulls NSC stock analysis uses latest quarter 2018 Q1 financial data like Norfolk Southern revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. Norfolk Southern valuation forms a crucial part of our stock analysis. Norfolk Southern stock rating is our opinion about the business fundamentals of the company.
Should you buy NSC stock?
- Norfolk Southern had a healthy average operating margin of 34.12 over the last 4 quarters.
- Net margins came in at average 51.7% for Norfolk Southern over the last twelve months.
- Norfolk Southern has an attractive ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of 9.6
- Norfolk Southern has a good Return On Equity (ROE) of 39.1.
- Norfolk Southern has a healthy FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of 16.4.
Should you sell NSC stock?
- Sales declined by -0.5 annually over the last 5 years.
- NSC stock is trading at a PS multiple of 4.3, which is a negative when compared to the Transportation sector average multiple of 1.5.
Norfolk Southern Related Company Stock Videos
Amigobulls Norfolk Southern stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. Fundamental analysis of a company is the most often used approach to find the intrinsic value of a stock.
Among the financials of the company, Norfolk Southern revenue growth along with the profit or net income give a clear picture of the financial health. Technical analysis comes in handy to check whether the market sentiment is in line with the fundamental picture of the company.