Norfolk Southern Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:NSC)
View the Norfolk Southern stock analysis video on Amigobulls. Our NSC analysis video highlights revenue and profit trends along with other important metrics such as valuation to find what makes the stock attractive.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Norfolk Southern Corp. Stock Rating 3.7/5
Amigobulls NSC stock analysis uses latest quarter 2018 Q2 financial data like Norfolk Southern revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. Norfolk Southern valuation analysis is based on relative valuation multiples like PE ratio and price to sales ratio. Based on a company's historical fundamentals we arrive at Norfolk Southern stock rating which is indicative of the company's financial performance.
Should you buy NSC stock?
- Norfolk Southern had a healthy average operating margin of 34.56 over the last 4 quarters.
- Net margins came in at average 52.4% for Norfolk Southern over the last twelve months.
- Norfolk Southern has a lower debt burden than its peers in the Transportation sector, with a debt/equity ratio of 0.58.
- Norfolk Southern has an attractive ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of 9.7
- Norfolk Southern has a good Return On Equity (ROE) of 38.4.
- Norfolk Southern has a healthy FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of 20.4.
Should you sell NSC stock?
- Long term revenue growth of 0.1 over the past 5 years has been disappointing.
- NSC stock is trading at a PS multiple of 4.8, which is a negative when compared to the Transportation sector average multiple of 1.5.
Norfolk Southern Related Company Stock Videos
Investors can use Amigobulls Norfolk Southern stock analysis as a tool to arrive at accurate conclusions regarding financial health of the company and its valuation. Company's fundamentals remain one of the key driver of NSC stock and helps investors in making good buy and sell decision.
While doing a study of the company financials, Norfolk Southern revenue growth and profit or net income are two main metrics which help in identifying whether NSC stock is overvalued or undervalued. Along with fundamentals, investors can utilize technical analysis to get a better idea about the price trend of Norfolk Southern stock.