OBSIDIAN ENERGY Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:OBE)
View the OBSIDIAN ENERGY stock analysis video on Amigobulls. Our OBE analysis video highlights revenue and profit trends along with other important metrics such as valuation to find what makes the stock attractive.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
OBSIDIAN ENERGY Stock Rating 1.7/5
We at Amigobulls use various financial measures including profit margins, revenue growth and dividends for OBE stock analysis. We also use relative valuation metrics like PE ratio and price to sales ratio for OBSIDIAN ENERGY valuation analysis. Based on a company's historical fundamentals we arrive at OBSIDIAN ENERGY stock rating which is indicative of the company's financial performance.
Should you buy OBE stock?
- OBSIDIAN ENERGY has a lower debt burden than its peers in the Oils-Energy sector, with a debt/equity ratio of 0.18.
Should you sell OBE stock?
- OBSIDIAN ENERGY revenue saw a decline of -8% YoY in 2018-03.
- Sales declined by -35.4 annually over the last 5 years.
- OBSIDIAN ENERGY reported an average operating margin of -46.85 over the Last Twelve Months (LTM).
- OBSIDIAN ENERGY posted an average Net loss of -40.7% in the last twelve months.
- The company does not have profits. Hence the PE ratio is meaningless for OBE stock.
- OBSIDIAN ENERGY has a negative ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of -6.5.
- OBSIDIAN ENERGY has a negative ROE (Return On Equity) of -8.2, indicating the company is not profitable.
- OBSIDIAN ENERGY has a negative FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of -2.6.
Amigobulls OBSIDIAN ENERGY stock analysis helps in evaluating the financial statements of a company to arrive at a conclusion about the fair value of OBE stock. Company's fundamentals remain one of the key driver of OBE stock and helps investors in making good buy and sell decision.
OBSIDIAN ENERGY revenue growth is an indicator of the demand for a company's products while profit margin is indicative of company's pricing power and pricing strategy. One can also combine technical analysis and fundamental analysis to get a holistic picture about OBE stock.