Plug Power Stock Analysis, Valuation (NASDAQ:PLUG)
Plug Power Stock Analysis
Watch the robo advisor video of Plug Power stock analysis on Amigobulls. Our PLUG analysis video highlights revenue and profit trends along with other important metrics such as valuation to find what makes the stock attractive.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Plug Power Inc Stock Rating 1.3/5
Amigobulls PLUG stock analysis relies on business fundamentals such as Plug Power revenue growth, profits and return on equity measures from the latest quarter 2018 Q1 earnings. Plug Power valuation analysis is based on relative valuation multiples like PE ratio and price to sales ratio. Our Plug Power stock rating is based on company's fundamentals like balance sheet risk and cash flow position.
Should you buy PLUG stock?
- Plug Power sales grew by 78.5% year on year in 2018 Q1.
- Long term revenue growth has been strong with a 5 year compounded annual growth of 42%.
Should you sell PLUG stock?
- Plug Power reported an average operating margin of -72.1% over the Last Twelve Months (LTM).
- Over the last 12 months, Plug Power had an average Net loss of -85.9%.
- Plug Power has a debt/equity ratio of 3.21, which is worse than the average in the Industrial Products sector.
- The lack of profits renders the PE ratio useless for PLUG stock.
- The company is trading at a price to sales multiple of 3.4, which is higher in comparison to the Machinery-Electrical industry average of 1.5, making PLUG stock expensive.
- Plug Power has a negative ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of -67.4%.
- A negative ROE of -166.6% indicates that the company is not able to generate profits with the money shareholders have invested.
- The company has negative Free Cash Flows (FCF), with a negative FCF margin of -92.1%.
Plug Power Related Company Stock Videos
Amigobulls Plug Power stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. The fundamentals of a company are vital to identify long-term investment opportunities.
Plug Power revenue growth is an indicator of the demand for a company's products while profit margin is indicative of company's pricing power and pricing strategy. Technical analysis comes in handy to check whether the market sentiment is in line with the fundamental picture of the company.