Powell Industries Stock Analysis, Valuation (NASDAQ:POWL)
Powell Industries Stock Analysis
Take a look at Amigobulls Powell Industries stock analysis video. This video puts forward our latest analysis highlighting the pros and cons for POWL stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Powell Industries, Inc. Stock Rating 1.6/5
Amigobulls POWL stock analysis takes into account various financial ratios like relative valuation, Powell Industries revenue, growth and return on equity based on latest quarter 2018 Q1 financial statements. We also check Powell Industries dividend performance. We compare Powell Industries valuation with its sector peers to gauge relative attractiveness of POWL stock. Powell Industries stock rating is our opinion about the business fundamentals of the company.
Should you buy POWL stock?
- With a debt/equity ratio of 0.01, Powell Industries is comparatively less leveraged than its peers in the Industrial Products sector.
- POWL stock is trading at a favorable price to sales multiple of 0.8 as against the Machinery-Electrical industry average multiple of 1.4.
Should you sell POWL stock?
- Powell Industries sales shrank by -18.3% year-over-year in 2018 Q1.
- Sales declined by -12% annually over the last 5 years.
- Powell Industries registered a negative operating margin of -6.5% (average) over the Trailing Twelve Months (TTM).
- Over the last 12 months, Powell Industries had an average Net loss of -4%.
- The lack of profits renders the PE ratio useless for POWL stock.
- Powell Industries has a negative ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of -7.4%.
- Powell Industries has a negative return on equity of -4.6%. This indicates that the firm is inefficient at generating profits.
- The company has a negative free cash flow margin of -17.4%.
Powell Industries Related Company Stock Videos
Investors can use Amigobulls Powell Industries stock analysis as a tool to arrive at accurate conclusions regarding financial health of the company and its valuation. Fundamentals of a company give detailed information which helps in making invesment decisions.
Powell Industries revenue growth and profit or net income are the main underlying forces which could detremine the direction of the share price. Investors could make use of POWL technical analysis to check whether the fundamental story is reflected in the market sentiment.