Portola Pharma Stock Analysis, Valuation (NASDAQ:PTLA)
Watch the robo advisor video of Portola Pharma stock analysis on Amigobulls. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for PTLA stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Portola Pharmaceuticals Inc Stock Rating 1.4/5
Amigobulls PTLA stock analysis relies on business fundamentals such as Portola Pharma revenue growth, profits and return on equity measures from the latest quarter 2018 Q2 earnings. We compare Portola Pharma valuation with its sector peers to gauge relative attractiveness of PTLA stock. Our Portola Pharma stock rating is based on company's fundamentals like balance sheet risk and cash flow position.
Should you sell PTLA stock?
- Long term revenue growth of 23.6 over the past 5 years has been disappointing.
- Portola Pharma reported an average operating margin of -1463.39 over the Last Twelve Months (LTM).
- Portola Pharma posted an average Net loss of -1503.7% in the last twelve months.
- Portola Pharma is debt laden and has a high debt/equity ratio of 0.94.
- The company does not have profits. Hence the PE ratio is meaningless for PTLA stock.
- PTLA stock is trading at a PS multiple of 74.8, which is a negative when compared to the Medical sector average multiple of 6.6.
- Portola Pharma has a negative ROE (Return On Equity) of -128.4, indicating the company is not profitable.
- Portola Pharma has a negative FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of -2310.2.
Amigobulls Portola Pharma stock analysis helps in evaluating the financial statements of a company to arrive at a conclusion about the fair value of PTLA stock. Company's fundamentals remain one of the key driver of PTLA stock and helps investors in making good buy and sell decision.
Among the financials of the company, Portola Pharma revenue growth along with the profit or net income give a clear picture of the financial health. Along with fundamentals, investors can utilize technical analysis to get a better idea about the price trend of Portola Pharma stock.