Bankrate Stock Analysis (NYSE:RATE)
Bankrate Analysis Video
View Bankrate stock analysis video. This is our RATE analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for RATE stock.
Bankrate Inc Stock Rating (2.8/5)
Our Bankrate stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This Bankrate stock analysis is based on latest Q4 earnings for 2016. The stock price analysis takes into account a company's valuation metrics.
Should you buy RATE stock?
- RATE stock is trading at an earnings multiple of 22.1 which is better than the industry average of 25.8.
- Bankrate has a healthy FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of 34.7%.
Should you sell RATE stock?
- Long term revenue growth of 0.5% over the past 5 years has been disappointing.
- Bankrate registered a negative operating margin of -1.4% (average) over the Trailing Twelve Months (TTM).
- Bankrate registered an average TTM Net loss of -7.9%.
- Bankrate is debt laden and has a high debt/equity ratio of 0.43.
- Bankrate's negative ROIC of -0.5% indicates operational inefficiency.
- A negative ROE of -4.8% indicates that the company is not able to generate profits with the money shareholders have invested.