Boston Beer Stock Analysis (NYSE:SAM)
Boston Beer Analysis Video
View Boston Beer stock analysis video. This is our SAM analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for SAM stock.
Boston Beer Co Inc Stock Rating (3.4/5)
Our Boston Beer stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This Boston Beer stock analysis is based on latest Q1 earnings for 2017. The stock price analysis takes into account a company's valuation metrics.
Should you buy SAM stock?
- Boston Beer had a healthy average operating margin of 14.3% over the last 4 quarters.
- The price to earnings multiple of 19.4 is attractive when compared with the industry average PE ratio of 23.7.
- SAM stock is trading at a favorable price to sales multiple of 1.3 as against the Beverages-Alcoholic industry average multiple of 1.7.
- Boston Beer's return on invested capital of 22.4% is good.
- Boston Beer has a good Return On Equity (ROE) of 19.7%.
Should you sell SAM stock?
- Boston Beer revenue saw a decline of -14.4% YoY in 2017 Q1.
- Revenue growth of 11.8% has been weak over the last 5 years.
- The company has negative Free Cash Flows (FCF), with a negative FCF margin of -7.4%.