Boston Beer Stock Analysis (NYSE:SAM)
Boston Beer Analysis Video
View Boston Beer stock analysis video. This is our SAM analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for SAM stock.
Boston Beer Co Inc Stock Rating (3.9/5)
Our Boston Beer stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This Boston Beer stock analysis is based on latest Q4 earnings for 2016. The stock price analysis takes into account a company's valuation metrics.
Should you buy SAM stock?
- Boston Beer had a healthy average operating margin of 14.6% over the last 4 quarters.
- Net margins stood at a healthy 9.3% (average) for Boston Beer in the Trailing Twelve Months.
- Boston Beer has a lower debt burden than its peers in the Consumer Staples sector, with a debt/equity ratio of 0.
- The company has an operating cash flow which is 2.1 times the net income.
- SAM stock is trading at an earnings multiple of 20.6 which is better than the industry average of 25.2.
- Boston Beer has an attractive ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of 22.8%
- The LTM ROE of 19.8% for Boston Beer is attractive.
- The company has a good Free Cash Flow (FCF) margin of 16.8%.
Should you sell SAM stock?
- Long term revenue growth of 12.9% over the past 5 years has been disappointing.