Scana Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:SCG)
Investors can watch the Amigobulls Scana stock analysis video here. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for SCG stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
SCANA Corporation Stock Rating 2.3/5
Amigobulls SCG stock analysis relies on business fundamentals such as Scana revenue growth, profits and return on equity measures from the latest quarter 2018 Q2 earnings. We also use relative valuation metrics like PE ratio and price to sales ratio for Scana valuation analysis. Scana stock rating encapsulates our opinion about the company based on the fundamentals.
Should you buy SCG stock?
- The price to earnings multiple of 9.2 is attractive when compared with the sector average PE ratio of 19.5.
- The lower PS ratio 1.2 for SCG stock versus Utilities sector average of 2 is a positive for the company.
- Scana is a dividend paying stock with a high yield of 4.93.
Should you sell SCG stock?
- Over the last twelve months, Scana posted an average operating loss margin of -1.16.
- Scana registered an average TTM Net loss of -2.7%.
- Cash flow from operations is 0.5444 times net income which is a negative signal.
- -0.2's negative ROIC of -0.2 indicates operational inefficiency.
- Scana has a negative return on equity of -2.2. This indicates that the firm is inefficient at generating profits.
- The company has negative Free Cash Flows (FCF), with a negative FCF margin of -11.4.
Scana Related Company Stock Videos
Investors can make use of the Amigobulls Scana stock analysis to ascertain how SCG stock fares in fundamental analysis investment criteria. Fundamental analysis of a company is the most often used approach to find the intrinsic value of a stock.
While doing a study of the company financials, Scana revenue growth and profit or net income are two main metrics which help in identifying whether SCG stock is overvalued or undervalued. Along with fundamentals, investors can utilize technical analysis to get a better idea about the price trend of Scana stock.