Schnitzer Steel Industries Stock Analysis (NASDAQ:SCHN)
Schnitzer Steel Industries Analysis Video
View Schnitzer Steel Industries stock analysis video. This is our SCHN analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for SCHN stock.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. Stock Rating (3.1/5)
Our Schnitzer Steel Industries stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This Schnitzer Steel Industries stock analysis is based on latest Q3 earnings for 2017. The stock price analysis takes into account a company's valuation metrics.
Should you buy SCHN stock?
- The Year Over Year (YoY) revenue growth for Schnitzer Steel Industries was 35.7% in 2017 Q3.
- Schnitzer Steel Industries has a lower debt burden than its peers in the Basic Materials sector, with a debt/equity ratio of 0.36.
- The price to earnings multiple of 17.5 is attractive when compared with the industry average PE ratio of 22.7.
- The lower PS ratio 0.5 for SCHN stock versus Steel-Producers industry average of 1.4 is a positive for the company.
- The company has a healthy free cash flow margin of 7.4%.
Should you sell SCHN stock?
- The company saw an average annual sales decline of -15.4% in sales over the last 5 years.
- Schnitzer Steel Industries had an unimpressive average operating margin of 2.8% during the Last Twelve Months (LTM).