J.M. Smucker Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:SJM)
View the J.M. Smucker stock analysis video on Amigobulls. This is our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for SJM stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
J M Smucker Co Stock Rating 3.5/5
Amigobulls SJM stock analysis uses latest quarter 2018 Q4 financial data like J.M. Smucker revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. J.M. Smucker valuation analysis is based on relative valuation multiples like PE ratio and price to sales ratio. Based on a company's historical fundamentals we arrive at J.M. Smucker stock rating which is indicative of the company's financial performance.
Should you buy SJM stock?
- J.M. Smucker's average operating margin of 14.08 was exceptional.
- LTM Net margins were good at 18.2% for J.M. Smucker.
- The operating cash flow looks good at 1.6912 times the net income.
- The price to earnings multiple of 13.4 is attractive when compared with the sector average PE ratio of 22.
- Return On Equity (ROE) which is a measure of the company's profitability, looks great for J.M. Smucker at 18.3.
- The company has a good Free Cash Flow (FCF) margin of 11.6.
Amigobulls J.M. Smucker stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. Fundamentals of a company give detailed information which helps in making invesment decisions.
J.M. Smucker revenue growth and profit or net income are the main underlying forces which could detremine the direction of the share price. One can also combine technical analysis and fundamental analysis to get a holistic picture about SJM stock.