SM Energy Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:SM)
Investors can watch the Amigobulls SM Energy stock analysis video here. This video puts forward our latest analysis highlighting the pros and cons for SM stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
SM Energy Co Stock Rating 3.5/5
Amigobulls SM stock analysis relies on business fundamentals such as SM Energy revenue growth, profits and return on equity measures from the latest quarter 2018 Q2 earnings. SM Energy valuation forms a crucial part of our stock analysis. SM Energy stock rating encapsulates our opinion about the company based on the fundamentals.
Should you buy SM stock?
- SM Energy's revenue growth came in at 106.5% in 2018-03.
- The company saw a significant growth in revenue with a 5 year CAGR of 1.
- The company has a good Free Cash Flow (FCF) margin of 42.8.
Should you sell SM stock?
- SM Energy's Net margins were poor at 4.9% in the last twelve months.
- SM Energy has a debt/equity ratio of 1.07, which is worse than the average in the Oils-Energy sector.
- Cash flow from operations is 0.4414 times net income which is a negative signal.
- The lack of profits renders the PE ratio useless for SM stock.
- -4.3's negative ROIC of -4.3 indicates operational inefficiency.
SM Energy Related Company Stock Videos
Investors can make use of the Amigobulls SM Energy stock analysis to ascertain how SM stock fares in fundamental analysis investment criteria. Company's fundamentals remain one of the key driver of SM stock and helps investors in making good buy and sell decision.
SM Energy revenue growth and profit or net income are the main underlying forces which could detremine the direction of the share price. Along with fundamentals, investors can utilize technical analysis to get a better idea about the price trend of SM Energy stock.