SP Plus Stock Analysis, Valuation (NASDAQ:SP)
View the SP Plus stock analysis video on Amigobulls. This video puts forward our latest analysis highlighting the pros and cons for SP stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
SP Plus Corp Stock Rating 2.8/5
Amigobulls SP stock analysis uses latest quarter 2018 Q1 financial data like SP Plus revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. We also use relative valuation metrics like PE ratio and price to sales ratio for SP Plus valuation analysis. Based on a company's historical fundamentals we arrive at SP Plus stock rating which is indicative of the company's financial performance.
Should you buy SP stock?
- With its debt/equity ratio of 0.44, SP Plus has a lower debt burden when compared to the Consumer Discretionary average.
- When compared with the Consumer Discretionary sector average PS ratio of 1.6, the price-to-sales ratio of 0.5 for SP stock is attractive.
- SP Plus's return on invested capital of 9.2 is good.
- The LTM ROE of 16.7 for SP Plus is attractive.
Should you sell SP stock?
- SP Plus sales declined by -11.5% year on year in 2018-03.
- Revenue growth of 6.7 has been weak over the last 5 years.
- SP Plus's TTM operating margin of 5.22 was rather poor.
- SP Plus posted a TTM Net margin of 3.2%.
- The company's operations consume more cash than it generates. This is not a healthy sign.
- The company has a negative free cash flow margin of -0.4.
Amigobulls SP Plus stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. Fundamentals of a company give detailed information which helps in making invesment decisions.
While doing a study of the company financials, SP Plus revenue growth and profit or net income are two main metrics which help in identifying whether SP stock is overvalued or undervalued. Investors could make use of SP technical analysis to check whether the fundamental story is reflected in the market sentiment.