ES&P Global Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:SPGI)
Take a look at Amigobulls ES&P Global stock analysis video. This is our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for SPGI stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
S&P Global Inc Stock Rating 3.1/5
Amigobulls SPGI stock analysis uses latest quarter 2018 Q1 financial data like ES&P Global revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. ES&P Global valuation analysis is based on relative valuation multiples like PE ratio and price to sales ratio. Our ES&P Global stock rating is based on company's fundamentals like balance sheet risk and cash flow position.
Should you buy SPGI stock?
- The TTM operating margin was good at 43.27 for ES&P Global.
- Net margins stood at a healthy 25.7% (average) for ES&P Global in the Trailing Twelve Months.
- ES&P Global's return on invested capital of 46.8 is good.
- The LTM ROE of 217.9 for ES&P Global is attractive.
- The company has a healthy free cash flow margin of 20.9.
Should you sell SPGI stock?
- With a debt/equity ratio of 52.5, ES&P Global is highly leveraged in comparison to -sectordesc- peers.
- The company has an operating cash flow which is 0.7332 times the net income. This is not a healthy sign.
- The SPGI stock currently trades at a PE of 28.5, which is expensive, compared to the sector average of 22.7.
- The company is trading at a price to sales multiple of 8.5, which is higher in comparison to the Business Services sector average of 1.6, making SPGI stock expensive.
Amigobulls ES&P Global stock analysis helps in evaluating the financial statements of a company to arrive at a conclusion about the fair value of SPGI stock. The fundamentals of a company are vital to identify long-term investment opportunities.
ES&P Global revenue growth and profit or net income are the main underlying forces which could detremine the direction of the share price. Along with fundamentals, investors can utilize technical analysis to get a better idea about the price trend of ES&P Global stock.