ES&P Global Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:SPGI)
ES&P Global Analysis Video
View ES&P Global stock analysis video. This is our SPGI analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for SPGI stock.
S&P Global Inc Stock Rating (3.7/5)
Our ES&P Global stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This ES&P Global stock analysis is based on latest 2017 Q2 earnings. The stock price analysis takes into account the company's valuation metrics.
Should you buy SPGI stock?
- The TTM operating margin was good at 60.7% for ES&P Global.
- Net margins came in at average 38.3% for ES&P Global over the last twelve months.
- ES&P Global's return on invested capital of 63.4% is good.
- Return On Equity (ROE) which is a measure of the company's profitability, looks great for ES&P Global at 401.9%.
- The company has a healthy free cash flow margin of 22.7%.
Should you sell SPGI stock?
- Sales declined by -1.9% annually over the last 5 years.
- ES&P Global has a debt/equity ratio of 4.22, which is worse than the average in the Business Services sector.
- The company is trading at a price to sales multiple of 6.7, which is overvalued in comparison to the Business Information Services industry average multiple of 1.6.