Spark Energy Stock Analysis, Valuation (NASDAQ:SPKE)
Watch the robo advisor video of Spark Energy stock analysis on Amigobulls. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for SPKE stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Spark Energy Inc Stock Rating 3.6/5
Amigobulls SPKE stock analysis takes into account various financial ratios like relative valuation, Spark Energy revenue, growth and return on equity based on latest quarter 2018 Q2 financial statements. We also check Spark Energy dividend performance. We also use relative valuation metrics like PE ratio and price to sales ratio for Spark Energy valuation analysis. Spark Energy stock rating encapsulates our opinion about the company based on the fundamentals.
Should you buy SPKE stock?
- The Year Over Year (YoY) revenue growth for Spark Energy was 47.5% in 2018-03.
- With its debt/equity ratio of 0.62, Spark Energy has a lower debt burden when compared to the Utilities average.
- When compared with the Utilities sector average PS ratio of 2.1, the price-to-sales ratio of 0.1 for SPKE stock is attractive.
- The company has a healthy dividend yield of 8.67.
- Spark Energy's return on invested capital of 5.6 is good.
Should you sell SPKE stock?
- Spark Energy's TTM operating margin of 4.41 was rather poor.
- Spark Energy posted a TTM Net margin of 0.5%.
- The TTM ROE (Return On Equity) for Spark Energy is not so attractive at 2.3.
- The company has a negative free cash flow margin of -3.6.
Investors can make use of the Amigobulls Spark Energy stock analysis to ascertain how SPKE stock fares in fundamental analysis investment criteria. Company's fundamentals remain one of the key driver of SPKE stock and helps investors in making good buy and sell decision.
Spark Energy revenue growth is an indicator of the demand for a company's products while profit margin is indicative of company's pricing power and pricing strategy. Along with fundamentals, investors can utilize technical analysis to get a better idea about the price trend of Spark Energy stock.