SunPower Stock Analysis, Valuation (NASDAQ:SPWR)
SunPower Stock Analysis
Take a look at Amigobulls SunPower stock analysis video. Our SPWR analysis video highlights revenue and profit trends along with other important metrics such as valuation to find what makes the stock attractive.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
SunPower Corporation Stock Rating 1.7/5
Amigobulls SPWR stock analysis uses latest quarter 2017 Q3 financial data like SunPower revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. We compare SunPower valuation with its sector peers to gauge relative attractiveness of SPWR stock. Our SunPower stock rating is based on company's fundamentals like balance sheet risk and cash flow position.
Should you buy SPWR stock?
- When compared with the Solar industry average PS ratio of 1.5, the price-to-sales ratio of 0.6 for SPWR stock is attractive.
Should you sell SPWR stock?
- Revenue declined at a CAGR of -5% over the last 5 years.
- SunPower registered a negative operating margin of -54.4% (average) over the Trailing Twelve Months (TTM).
- SunPower registered an average TTM Net loss of -45.5%.
- SunPower has a debt/equity ratio of 6.5, which is worse than the average in the Oils-Energy sector.
- The lack of profits renders the PE ratio useless for SPWR stock.
- SunPower's negative ROIC of -33.3% indicates operational inefficiency.
- SunPower has a negative ROE (Return On Equity) of -107.4%, indicating the company is not profitable.
- The company has a negative free cash flow margin of -11.3%.
Amigobulls SunPower stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. Company's fundamentals remain one of the key driver of SPWR stock and helps investors in making good buy and sell decision.
SunPower revenue growth and profit or net income are the main underlying forces which could detremine the direction of the share price. One can also combine technical analysis and fundamental analysis to get a holistic picture about SPWR stock.