Square Stock Analysis (NYSE:SQ)
Square Analysis Video
View Square stock analysis video. This is our SQ analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for SQ stock.
Square Inc Stock Rating (2/5)
Our Square stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This Square stock analysis is based on latest Q1 earnings for 2017. The stock price analysis takes into account a company's valuation metrics.
Should you sell SQ stock?
- Square registered a negative operating margin of -4.9% (average) over the Trailing Twelve Months (TTM).
- Square registered an average TTM Net loss of -5%.
- Square is debt laden and has a high debt/equity ratio of 0.55.
- The lack of profits renders the PE ratio useless for SQ stock.
- The company is trading at a price to sales multiple of 5.5, which is higher in comparison to the Internet Software industry average of 2.9, making SQ stock expensive.
- Square's negative ROIC of -65.5% indicates operational inefficiency.
- Square has a negative ROE (Return On Equity) of -17.1%, indicating the company is not profitable.