SunOpta Stock Analysis, Valuation (NASDAQ:STKL)
View the SunOpta stock analysis video on Amigobulls. Our STKL analysis video highlights revenue and profit trends along with other important metrics such as valuation to find what makes the stock attractive.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
SunOpta, Inc. (USA) Stock Rating 1.8/5
Amigobulls STKL stock analysis takes into account various financial ratios like relative valuation, SunOpta revenue, growth and return on equity based on latest quarter 2018 Q2 financial statements. We also check SunOpta dividend performance. We compare SunOpta valuation with its sector peers to gauge relative attractiveness of STKL stock. SunOpta stock rating is our opinion about the business fundamentals of the company.
Should you buy STKL stock?
- When compared with the Consumer Staples sector average PS ratio of 1.6, the price-to-sales ratio of 0.5 for STKL stock is attractive.
Should you sell STKL stock?
- SunOpta sales declined by -5.3% year on year in 2018-03.
- Revenue growth of 2.5 has been weak over the last 5 years.
- SunOpta registered a negative operating margin of -0.51 (average) over the Trailing Twelve Months (TTM).
- Over the last 12 months, SunOpta had an average Net loss of -10.2%.
- With a debt/equity ratio of 1.44, SunOpta is highly leveraged in comparison to Consumer Staples peers.
- PE ratio is meaningless for STKL stock as the company has losses.
- The company has a negative Return on Invested Capital of -0.6, which is a red flag.
- A negative ROE of -32.7 indicates that the company is not able to generate profits with the money shareholders have invested.
Investors can use Amigobulls SunOpta stock analysis as a tool to arrive at accurate conclusions regarding financial health of the company and its valuation. Fundamental analysis of a company is the most often used approach to find the intrinsic value of a stock.
Among the financials of the company, SunOpta revenue growth along with the profit or net income give a clear picture of the financial health. Technical analysis comes in handy to check whether the market sentiment is in line with the fundamental picture of the company.