SunOpta Stock Analysis, Valuation (NASDAQ:STKL)
View the SunOpta stock analysis video on Amigobulls. Our STKL analysis video highlights revenue and profit trends along with other important metrics such as valuation to find what makes the stock attractive.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
SunOpta, Inc. (USA) Stock Rating 1.1/5
Amigobulls STKL stock analysis takes into account various financial ratios like relative valuation, SunOpta revenue, growth and return on equity based on latest quarter 2018 Q1 financial statements. We also check SunOpta dividend performance. We compare SunOpta valuation with its sector peers to gauge relative attractiveness of STKL stock. SunOpta stock rating is our opinion about the business fundamentals of the company.
Should you buy STKL stock?
- The lower PS ratio 0.6 for STKL stock versus Consumer Staples sector average of 1.7 is a positive for the company.
Should you sell STKL stock?
- SunOpta sales shrank by -5.3% year-over-year in 2018-03.
- Over the last 5 years, the company registered a poor revenue growth of 2.5.
- Over the last twelve months, SunOpta posted an average operating loss margin of -0.51.
- SunOpta registered an average TTM Net loss of -10.2%.
- SunOpta has a debt/equity ratio of 1.44, which is worse than the average in the -sectordesc- sector.
- The lack of profits renders the PE ratio useless for STKL stock.
- -0.6's negative ROIC of -0.6 indicates operational inefficiency.
- SunOpta has a negative return on equity of -32.7. This indicates that the firm is inefficient at generating profits.
Investors can use Amigobulls SunOpta stock analysis as a tool to arrive at accurate conclusions regarding financial health of the company and its valuation. Fundamental analysis of a company is the most often used approach to find the intrinsic value of a stock.
Among the financials of the company, SunOpta revenue growth along with the profit or net income give a clear picture of the financial health. Technical analysis comes in handy to check whether the market sentiment is in line with the fundamental picture of the company.