Schweitzer-Mauduit Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:SWM)
Schweitzer-Mauduit Stock Analysis
View the Schweitzer-Mauduit stock analysis video on Amigobulls. This video puts forward our latest analysis highlighting the pros and cons for SWM stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc. Stock Rating 3.1/5
Amigobulls SWM stock analysis relies on business fundamentals such as Schweitzer-Mauduit revenue growth, profits and return on equity measures from the latest quarter 2017 Q4 earnings. Schweitzer-Mauduit valuation analysis is based on relative valuation multiples like PE ratio and price to sales ratio. Based on a company's historical fundamentals we arrive at Schweitzer-Mauduit stock rating which is indicative of the company's financial performance.
Should you buy SWM stock?
- Net margins stood at a healthy 3.5% (average) for Schweitzer-Mauduit in the Trailing Twelve Months.
- The Schweitzer-Mauduit stock currently trades at a price to earnings ratio of 13.1. We rate this as a positive, compared to the industry average of 22.5.
- The lower PS ratio 1.3 for SWM stock versus Tobacco industry average of 1.6 is a positive for the company.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit is a dividend paying stock with a high yield of 4.05%.
- The company has a good Free Cash Flow (FCF) margin of 11.5%.
Should you sell SWM stock?
- Revenue growth of 4.2% has been weak over the last 5 years.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit is debt laden and has a high debt/equity ratio of 1.25.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit has a low Return On Equity (ROE) of 6.4%.
Schweitzer-Mauduit Related Company Stock Videos
Investors can use Amigobulls Schweitzer-Mauduit stock analysis as a tool to arrive at accurate conclusions regarding financial health of the company and its valuation. Company's fundamentals remain one of the key driver of SWM stock and helps investors in making good buy and sell decision.
Among the financials of the company, Schweitzer-Mauduit revenue growth along with the profit or net income give a clear picture of the financial health. One can also combine technical analysis and fundamental analysis to get a holistic picture about SWM stock.