Teekay Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:TK)
Teekay Stock Analysis
Take a look at Amigobulls Teekay stock analysis video. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for TK stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Teekay Corporation Stock Rating 1.4/5
Amigobulls TK stock analysis relies on business fundamentals such as Teekay revenue growth, profits and return on equity measures from the latest quarter 2017 Q3 earnings. We also use relative valuation metrics like PE ratio and price to sales ratio for Teekay valuation analysis. Based on a company's historical fundamentals we arrive at Teekay stock rating which is indicative of the company's financial performance.
Should you buy TK stock?
- The lower PS ratio 0.4 for TK stock versus Transportation-Shipping industry average of 1.4 is a positive for the company.
Should you sell TK stock?
- Teekay sales declined by -40.8% year on year in 2017 Q4.
- Sales declined by -0.7% annually over the last 5 years.
- Teekay registered an average TTM Net loss of -8%.
- The lack of profits renders the PE ratio useless for TK stock.
- A negative ROE of -4.1% indicates that the company is not able to generate profits with the money shareholders have invested.
- Teekay has a negative FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of -76.8%.
Teekay Related Company Stock Videos
Investors can use Amigobulls Teekay stock analysis as a tool to arrive at accurate conclusions regarding financial health of the company and its valuation. Fundamental analysis of a company is the most often used approach to find the intrinsic value of a stock.
Among the financials of the company, Teekay revenue growth along with the profit or net income give a clear picture of the financial health. Along with fundamentals, investors can utilize technical analysis to get a better idea about the price trend of Teekay stock.