Teekay Tankers Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:TNK)
Teekay Tankers Stock Analysis
Investors can watch the Amigobulls Teekay Tankers stock analysis video here. This video puts forward our latest analysis highlighting the pros and cons for TNK stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Teekay Tankers Ltd. Stock Rating 2.5/5
Amigobulls TNK stock analysis relies on business fundamentals such as Teekay Tankers revenue growth, profits and return on equity measures from the latest quarter 2017 Q3 earnings. We compare Teekay Tankers valuation with its sector peers to gauge relative attractiveness of TNK stock. Teekay Tankers stock rating encapsulates our opinion about the company based on the fundamentals.
Should you buy TNK stock?
- Revenue growth has been tremendous with a compounded annual growth of 19.8% over the last 5 years.
- When compared with the Transportation-Shipping industry average PS ratio of 1.4, the price-to-sales ratio of 0.6 for TNK stock is attractive.
- Teekay Tankers's dividend yield of 10.26% is attractive.
- Teekay Tankers has a healthy FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of 16.9%.
Should you sell TNK stock?
- Teekay Tankers sales declined by -10.6% year on year in 2017 Q4.
- Teekay Tankers registered an average TTM Net loss of -13.8%.
- With a debt/equity ratio of 1.09, Teekay Tankers is highly leveraged in comparison to Transportation peers.
- The lack of profits renders the PE ratio useless for TNK stock.
- Teekay Tankers has a negative return on equity of -6.4%. This indicates that the firm is inefficient at generating profits.
Teekay Tankers Related Company Stock Videos
Investors can use Amigobulls Teekay Tankers stock analysis as a tool to arrive at accurate conclusions regarding financial health of the company and its valuation. Fundamentals of a company give detailed information which helps in making invesment decisions.
While doing a study of the company financials, Teekay Tankers revenue growth and profit or net income are two main metrics which help in identifying whether TNK stock is overvalued or undervalued. Technical analysis comes in handy to check whether the market sentiment is in line with the fundamental picture of the company.