Union Pacific Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:UNP)
Union Pacific Stock Analysis
View the Union Pacific stock analysis video on Amigobulls. This video puts forward our latest analysis highlighting the pros and cons for UNP stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Union Pacific Corporation Stock Rating 3.7/5
Amigobulls UNP stock analysis uses latest quarter 2017 Q4 financial data like Union Pacific revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. Union Pacific valuation forms a crucial part of our stock analysis. Union Pacific stock rating is our opinion about the business fundamentals of the company.
Should you buy UNP stock?
- The TTM operating margin was good at 38% for Union Pacific.
- Net margins came in at average 50.4% for Union Pacific over the last twelve months.
- Union Pacific generates a high return on invested capital of 14.1%.
- Return On Equity (ROE) which is a measure of the company's profitability, looks great for Union Pacific at 51.9%.
- Union Pacific has a healthy FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of 18.1%.
Should you sell UNP stock?
- The company has an operating cash flow which is 0.3 times the net income. This is not a healthy sign.
- The company is trading at a price to sales multiple of 5, which is higher in comparison to the Transportation-Rail industry average of 1.4, making UNP stock expensive.
Union Pacific Related Company Stock Videos
Investors can use Amigobulls Union Pacific stock analysis as a tool to arrive at accurate conclusions regarding financial health of the company and its valuation. The fundamentals of a company are vital to identify long-term investment opportunities.
Union Pacific revenue growth is an indicator of the demand for a company's products while profit margin is indicative of company's pricing power and pricing strategy. Along with fundamentals, investors can utilize technical analysis to get a better idea about the price trend of Union Pacific stock.