Viacom Stock Analysis, Valuation (NASDAQ:VIA)
Watch the robo advisor video of Viacom stock analysis on Amigobulls. This video puts forward our latest analysis highlighting the pros and cons for VIA stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Viacom, Inc. Stock Rating 3.9/5
We at Amigobulls use various financial measures including profit margins, revenue growth and dividends for VIA stock analysis. Viacom valuation analysis is based on relative valuation multiples like PE ratio and price to sales ratio. Based on a company's historical fundamentals we arrive at Viacom stock rating which is indicative of the company's financial performance.
Should you buy VIA stock?
- Viacom's average operating margin of 20.58 was exceptional.
- LTM Net margins were good at 15.6% for Viacom.
- The price to earnings multiple of 9.1 is attractive when compared with the sector average PE ratio of 21.
- The lower PS ratio 1.1 for VIA stock versus Consumer Discretionary sector average of 1.6 is a positive for the company.
- Viacom generates a high return on invested capital of 13.9.
- Return On Equity (ROE) which is a measure of the company's profitability, looks great for Viacom at 31.1.
- The company has a good Free Cash Flow (FCF) margin of 20.8.
Should you sell VIA stock?
- The company saw an average annual sales decline of -1.1 in sales over the last 5 years.
- Viacom has a debt/equity ratio of 1.43, which is worse than the average in the Consumer Discretionary sector.
Viacom Related Company Stock Videos
Investors can use Amigobulls Viacom stock analysis as a tool to arrive at accurate conclusions regarding financial health of the company and its valuation. The fundamentals of a company are vital to identify long-term investment opportunities.
While doing a study of the company financials, Viacom revenue growth and profit or net income are two main metrics which help in identifying whether VIA stock is overvalued or undervalued. One can also combine technical analysis and fundamental analysis to get a holistic picture about VIA stock.