VISTRA ENERGY Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:VST)
Watch the robo advisor video of VISTRA ENERGY stock analysis on Amigobulls. This video puts forward our latest analysis highlighting the pros and cons for VST stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
VISTRA ENERGY Stock Rating 2.4/5
Amigobulls VST stock analysis takes into account various financial ratios like relative valuation, VISTRA ENERGY revenue, growth and return on equity based on latest quarter 2018 Q2 financial statements. We also check VISTRA ENERGY dividend performance. We also use relative valuation metrics like PE ratio and price to sales ratio for VISTRA ENERGY valuation analysis. Based on a company's historical fundamentals we arrive at VISTRA ENERGY stock rating which is indicative of the company's financial performance.
Should you buy VST stock?
- With a debt/equity ratio of 0.73, VISTRA ENERGY is comparatively less leveraged than its peers in the Utilities sector.
Should you sell VST stock?
- Over the last twelve months, VISTRA ENERGY posted an average operating loss margin of -7.26.
- VISTRA ENERGY registered an average TTM Net loss of -13.2%.
- -1.8's negative ROIC of -1.8 indicates operational inefficiency.
- VISTRA ENERGY has a negative return on equity of -9.8. This indicates that the firm is inefficient at generating profits.
- The company has negative Free Cash Flows (FCF), with a negative FCF margin of -10.7.
Amigobulls VISTRA ENERGY stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. Fundamental analysis of a company is the most often used approach to find the intrinsic value of a stock.
VISTRA ENERGY revenue growth is an indicator of the demand for a company's products while profit margin is indicative of company's pricing power and pricing strategy. One can also combine technical analysis and fundamental analysis to get a holistic picture about VST stock.