Whirlpool Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:WHR)
View the Whirlpool stock analysis video on Amigobulls. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for WHR stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Whirlpool Corporation Stock Rating 2.5/5
Amigobulls WHR stock analysis relies on business fundamentals such as Whirlpool revenue growth, profits and return on equity measures from the latest quarter 2018 Q1 earnings. We compare Whirlpool valuation with its sector peers to gauge relative attractiveness of WHR stock. Whirlpool stock rating is our opinion about the business fundamentals of the company.
Should you buy WHR stock?
- WHR stock is trading at an earnings multiple of 10.7 which is better than the sector average of 23.
- WHR stock is trading at a favorable price to sales multiple of 0.5 as against the Consumer Discretionary sector average multiple of 1.6.
Should you sell WHR stock?
- Long term revenue growth of 3.4 over the past 5 years has been disappointing.
- Whirlpool had a poor average operating margin of 4.75 over the last 4 quarters.
- Whirlpool is debt laden and has a high debt/equity ratio of 1.01.
- The company has negative cash flow from operations.
- Whirlpool has a low ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of 2.9.
- Whirlpool has a negative FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of -15.7.
Amigobulls Whirlpool stock analysis helps in evaluating the financial statements of a company to arrive at a conclusion about the fair value of WHR stock. Fundamental analysis of a company is the most often used approach to find the intrinsic value of a stock.
Among the financials of the company, Whirlpool revenue growth along with the profit or net income give a clear picture of the financial health. Along with fundamentals, investors can utilize technical analysis to get a better idea about the price trend of Whirlpool stock.