Weis Markets Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:WMK)
View the Weis Markets stock analysis video on Amigobulls. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for WMK stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Weis Markets, Inc. Stock Rating 2.4/5
Amigobulls WMK stock analysis takes into account various financial ratios like relative valuation, Weis Markets revenue, growth and return on equity based on latest quarter 2018 Q1 financial statements. We also check Weis Markets dividend performance. We compare Weis Markets valuation with its sector peers to gauge relative attractiveness of WMK stock. Our Weis Markets stock rating is based on company's fundamentals like balance sheet risk and cash flow position.
Should you buy WMK stock?
- Weis Markets has a lower debt burden than its peers in the -sectordesc- sector, with a debt/equity ratio of 0.02.
- WMK stock is trading at a favorable price to sales multiple of 0.4 as against the Retail-Wholesale sector average multiple of 0.8.
Should you sell WMK stock?
- Weis Markets had a low YoY revenue growth of 2.8% in the 2018-03.
- Long term revenue growth of 5.1 over the past 5 years has been disappointing.
- Weis Markets had a poor average operating margin of 2.26 over the last 4 quarters.
- Weis Markets's LTM Net margins were poor at 2.9%.
- WMK stock is trading at a PE ratio of 27.3, which is worse than the sector average multiple of 21.5.
Investors can use Amigobulls Weis Markets stock analysis as a tool to arrive at accurate conclusions regarding financial health of the company and its valuation. Company's fundamentals remain one of the key driver of WMK stock and helps investors in making good buy and sell decision.
Among the financials of the company, Weis Markets revenue growth along with the profit or net income give a clear picture of the financial health. Technical analysis comes in handy to check whether the market sentiment is in line with the fundamental picture of the company.