WALMART INC Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:WMT)
View the WALMART INC stock analysis video on Amigobulls. This video puts forward our latest analysis highlighting the pros and cons for WMT stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
WALMART INC Stock Rating 2.5/5
Amigobulls WMT stock analysis uses latest quarter 2019 Q1 financial data like WALMART INC revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. We also use relative valuation metrics like PE ratio and price to sales ratio for WALMART INC valuation analysis. WALMART INC stock rating encapsulates our opinion about the company based on the fundamentals.
Should you buy WMT stock?
- The operating cash flow looks good at 2.4185 times the net income.
- The price to earnings multiple of 18.6 is attractive when compared with the sector average PE ratio of 22.
- The lower PS ratio 0.5 for WMT stock versus Retail-Wholesale sector average of 0.8 is a positive for the company.
- WALMART INC generates a high return on invested capital of 12.4.
Should you sell WMT stock?
- Over the last 5 years, the company registered a poor revenue growth of 1.5.
- WALMART INC has a debt/equity ratio of 0.59, which is worse than the average in the -sectordesc- sector.
Amigobulls WALMART INC stock analysis helps in evaluating the financial statements of a company to arrive at a conclusion about the fair value of WMT stock. Fundamental analysis of a company is the most often used approach to find the intrinsic value of a stock.
While doing a study of the company financials, WALMART INC revenue growth and profit or net income are two main metrics which help in identifying whether WMT stock is overvalued or undervalued. Along with fundamentals, investors can utilize technical analysis to get a better idea about the price trend of WALMART INC stock.