Walmart Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:WMT)
Walmart Stock Analysis
View Walmart stock analysis video. This is our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for WMT stock.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Stock Rating 2.7/5
Our Walmart stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This Walmart stock analysis is based on latest 2018 Q2 earnings. The stock price analysis takes into account the company's valuation metrics.
Should you buy WMT stock?
- The company has an operating cash flow which is 2.1 times the net income.
- WMT stock is trading at a favorable price to sales multiple of 0.5 as against the Retail-Supermarkets industry average multiple of 0.7.
- Walmart generates a high return on invested capital of 13%.
- Return On Equity (ROE) which is a measure of the company's profitability, looks great for Walmart at 16.1%.
Should you sell WMT stock?
- Long term revenue growth of 1.2% over the past 5 years has been disappointing.
- With a debt/equity ratio of 0.6, Walmart is highly leveraged in comparison to Retail-Wholesale peers.