WPX Energy Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:WPX)
WPX Energy Stock Analysis
Take a look at Amigobulls WPX Energy stock analysis video. This video puts forward our latest analysis highlighting the pros and cons for WPX stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
WPX Energy Inc Stock Rating 2.1/5
Amigobulls WPX stock analysis relies on business fundamentals such as WPX Energy revenue growth, profits and return on equity measures from the latest quarter 2017 Q4 earnings. We also use relative valuation metrics like PE ratio and price to sales ratio for WPX Energy valuation analysis. WPX Energy stock rating is our opinion about the business fundamentals of the company.
Should you buy WPX stock?
- The company has a healthy free cash flow margin of 55.5%.
Should you sell WPX stock?
- Sales declined by -16% annually over the last 5 years.
- WPX Energy posted an average Net loss of -1.2% in the last twelve months.
- PE ratio is meaningless for WPX stock as the company has losses.
- The company is trading at a price to sales multiple of 5, which is overvalued in comparison to the Oil and Gas-US exploration and production industry average multiple of 1.7.
- WPX Energy has a negative ROE (Return On Equity) of -0.4%, indicating the company is not profitable.
WPX Energy Related Company Stock Videos
Amigobulls WPX Energy stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. The fundamentals of a company are vital to identify long-term investment opportunities.
Among the financials of the company, WPX Energy revenue growth along with the profit or net income give a clear picture of the financial health. One can also combine technical analysis and fundamental analysis to get a holistic picture about WPX stock.