Cimarex Energy Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:XEC)
Watch the robo advisor video of Cimarex Energy stock analysis on Amigobulls. Our XEC analysis video highlights revenue and profit trends along with other important metrics such as valuation to find what makes the stock attractive.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Cimarex Energy Co Stock Rating 3.8/5
Amigobulls XEC stock analysis relies on business fundamentals such as Cimarex Energy revenue growth, profits and return on equity measures from the latest quarter 2018 Q2 earnings. Cimarex Energy valuation forms a crucial part of our stock analysis. Our Cimarex Energy stock rating is based on company's fundamentals like balance sheet risk and cash flow position.
Should you buy XEC stock?
- Cimarex Energy had a healthy average operating margin of 36.29 over the last 4 quarters.
- Net margins came in at average 27.8% for Cimarex Energy over the last twelve months.
- The company has an operating cash flow which is 2.278 times the net income. We see this as a positive signal.
- XEC stock is trading at an earnings multiple of 14 which is better than the sector average of 20.4.
- Cimarex Energy has an attractive ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of 16.2
- Cimarex Energy has a good Return On Equity (ROE) of 23.
Should you sell XEC stock?
- XEC stock is trading at a PS multiple of 3.7, which is a negative when compared to the Oils-Energy sector average multiple of 1.6.
- Cimarex Energy has a negative FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of -6.9.
Cimarex Energy Related Company Stock Videos
Amigobulls Cimarex Energy stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. Fundamentals of a company give detailed information which helps in making invesment decisions.
Cimarex Energy revenue growth is an indicator of the demand for a company's products while profit margin is indicative of company's pricing power and pricing strategy. Investors could make use of XEC technical analysis to check whether the fundamental story is reflected in the market sentiment.